WELCOME TO SALEM POLYCLINIC
The SPC EDUCATIONAL TRUST is notable for its charitable and philanthropic activities, is revered by all in Salem district and neighbouring districts for the past few years. The management of the trust with its quest for entering new arena of social activities to serve the public decided to start educational institutions in the year 2014 and has developed required infrastructural facilities in a sleeping village called Achankuttapatti. The magnificent building seen on the Harur road side itself manifests the standard and quality of education which will be imparted to its pupils in this campus. The serene beauty of this Institute gives a good learning atmosphere. The SPCINER is endowed with excellent infrastructure and has a dedicated team of teachers to cater to the needs of student community. The SALEM POLYCLINIC HOSPITAL, another unit of the Trust situated in the heart of Salem is yet another feather in the crown of the SPC Educational Trust.
The Vision of SPC Allied Health Sciences is to develop solutions for the most important health related challenges pertaining to human health in clinical settings and health equity in our communities through Education, Service, Administration and Research. SPCAHS envisions to be a global leader in advancing Health For All individuals cutting across all discrepancies
- PROFESSIONALISM: We value professionalism which allows initiative and entrepreneurship at every level and creates an environment of team spirit.
- DEDICATION : We believe in hiring and training talented professionals who are totally dedicated to patient care.
- SOCIAL JUSTICE : We believe in the value of human life, the inherent worth of the individual and the right of each individual to the attainment of high standards of health and will work with communities to achieve them.
- TAPPING THE POTENTIAL : We believe in lifelong learning, tapping potential and advancing the knowledge base by risk taking and facing challenges.
- EDIFICATION OF LEARNERS :Foster diversity in our student population, faculty and staff and advance innovation and creativity
- QUALITY ORIENTATION : Drive quality in academic and research programs promoting a culture of congenalily and respect.
To serve society at State, National and Global levels through education of health professionals, development of new knowledge and health care advocacy that transforms lives by promoting health and wellness, and assuring evidence-based clinical interventions in the management of disease and disability.
Our mission is to provide quality patient care based on our strong commitment to practice, education, research, innovation and coordination & collaboration with the other Health Care Providers
The mission of the SPC Allied Health Sciences is to provide exemplary and innovative education, research, practice, service, and leadership that improve state, national, and global health. The college efforts focus on the imparting of a quality allied health sciences education, research, practice, and policy to inform and lead in the delivery and analysis of health status of clients
We aim at generating knowledge through research in health and interdisciplinary science; we educate leaders in assistive health initiatives to advance health care and we shape the future of the Allied Health Care Professionals through leadership in Health Care Policy.
- Health is a state of wellbeing that enables a person to lead a psychologically, socially and economically productive life.
- Health is a right of all people. Individuals, families and communities have a responsibility towards maintaining their health.
- Health services in a vital and significant way in the health care delivery system. It recognizes National Health Goals and is committed to participate in the implementation of the National health Programmes.
It aims in identifying health needs of the people, planning and providing quality care in collaboration with other health professional and community groups. The scope encompasses provision of promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative aspects of care of people across their life span in wide variety of health care settings
Practice of Allied Health Care Services is based upon application of basic concepts and principles derived from the physical, biological and behavioural sciences, medicine and nursing. Allied Health Care Services is based on values of caring and aims to help individuals to attain positive health. It necessitates development of compassion and understanding of human behaviour among its practitioners to provide care with respect and dignity and protect the rights of individuals and groups.
The teachers have the responsibility to be the role models and create learning environment that enables students to acquire inquiry driven, self directed learning and foster an attitude of lifelong learning.
Undergraduate Allied Health Sciences Programme is broad based education within an academic framework specifically directed to the development of critical thinking skills, competencies & standards required for practice of professional allied health care services as envisaged in National Health Policy. 2002.
Undergraduate Allied Health Services programme prepares its graduates to become exemplary citizen by adhering to code of ethics and professional conduct at all times in fulfilling personal, social and professional obligations so as to respond to national aspirations
Our Strategic Plan
- Our ten year strategic plan builds on the accomplishments of the college to date and explores new directions for sustained success.
- Prepare graduates to assume professional responsibilities as competent Allied Health Professionals in providing promotive, preventive, curative and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare Allied Health Care Professionals who can make independent decisions in clinical situations, protect patient rights and facilitate individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community services and conduct research in health care settings as applicable. They are also expected to assume the role of Teacher, Supervisor and Manager in Clinical / Community and educational institutions of Allied Health Sciences
- Collaborate with other local and national colleges for professional enhancement appropriate.
- Engage the Alumni Association to be participating in activities of College and research and to support college.
- Undertake research by faculty and students in generating and disseminating knowledge that the service sector can easily implement.
Our Strategic Goal
- Recruit and retain faculty who are national and global leaders in research development, education and innovation in practice and policy.
- Attract and graduate a student body that is intellectually curious, globally focused
- Engage in innovation with our interdisciplinary and inter professional partners in health care, global public health and other academic disciplines.
- Leverage best practices in technology to enhance education and patient care.
- Create leadership in the field of health care through excellence in research and enhance the educational infrastructure to grow and fortify a vibrant and dynamic learning community.
250,Omalur Main Road
Landline:0427-350 0330 | 0427- 2529500 |0427 350 0332
E-Mail id : email@example.com